In my current role at Brookline Public Relations, I am required to wear a variety of hats and shift gears quickly and efficiently. Because we have so many clients on our roster, prioritizing and delegating are vitally important in order to ensure the work gets done to our clients’ expectations – and often beyond them. At Brookline, I work with a number of clients in the tourism, food and beverage, tech and aviation industries and have even worked with one municipality. The work that I do varies greatly but often involves the below tasks:
- Planning, agenda writing and note-taking in weekly meetings
- Managing social media for several clients, including image sourcing, copywriting and strategy, and running meetings
- Writing press releases, pitches, media advisories and media briefs
- Pitching news stories to the media and following up on media opportunities
- Planning and initiating large-scale media events
- Managing the company’s social media account schedule for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, writing copy and editing photos to abide by company guidelines
- Managing my own account, including delegating tasks to colleagues and interfacing directly with the client
Through my time at Brookline, I have grown tremendously in a variety of skills and have become much more confident in my abilities as a communications professional. I was promoted from the position of Account Coordinator to Account Executive after six months with the organization, which was an exciting next step for me.
Social Media Samples
For more content, visit:
Website: Brookline Public Relations
Facebook: Brookline Public Relations, Inc.
LinkedIn: Brookline Public Relations, Inc.